Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Humor: Why can't I have an Amy Chua day?

I thought I'll pull an Amy Chua today when I realized my girls are, on average, repeating each level of their swimming classes twice. Twice! On average! Which means sometimes it is as high as 4 or 5. So I threatened to drown their pillow pets and ordered them to stay in the pool for 10 hours or as long as it takes to get their hand-leg-breathing coordination, pronto! And no bathroom breaks! So first hour was easy. Second hour, not bad. Third hour they called Child & Family Services on me. And CFS refused to accept my explanation that I am tired of signing them up for the same class over and over again. Since I'm not at Yale, they said, I can afford to sign my Tuesday evenings away forever, watching my kids dog-paddle.

No comments: